Monday, November 14, 2011

Dialed and Drilled

So we have been drilling out rims here at the shop lately. We are charging 75 dollars a wheelset, they are coming out pretty darn awesome! I was fortunate enough to get my Rolling Darryl's drilled out for myself this last week. They actually weigh in 80 grams less than the holy ones. We also drilled out a pair of Fat Sheba's for a customer last week. We were able to take off 180 grams a wheel on the Sheba's. Here are some pictures.

I was not too preferential to the stock look of the 2012 Mukluk 3, so I decided that the best and cheapest thing to do was swap out a few parts to make it more aesthetically pleasing. The setup of the 3 has a great hardware offering for a Fatbike, so I didn't feel like I needed to change the drivetrain which is a good thing. Here is what came about.
Dave getting it all tuned up for the first ride
We got it done late, so the first ride was in the dark.
Made it home, rode through every obstacle I could on the way there. It had been a very long time since I had been on a bike that didn't have skinny tires. It is so awesome to just be able to roll over just about anything!
In the light

Next to a stock Mukluk 3. The difference between the two are as follows 1) Stock Darryl's drilled out in house to a little over an inch and a quarter, with the Darryl rim bands in white. 2) Replaced the cables with Jagwires Ripcord compressionless housing in white and paired that with Avid brake levers. Resulting in a much better brake feel. 3) Went with a white seatpost and stem, and a Brooks B17 in blue. Hot pink Oury grips and a purple Salsa Liplock to tie it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment