Monday, August 13, 2012

Carbon Touring Bike!?!

Carbon and a cross country tour are two things that are very rarely uttered in the same sentence. I came in the other day to work and there was a Cannondale Synapse carbon frame bike sitting on the wall. I asked where it came from, because I didn't remember us selling one with that groupo last year ( it was a 2011 model). They said it had been dropped off by a gentleman who was touring on it. Touring!!! I exclaimed, on a carbon bike with no rack mounts or fender eyelets!?!? I was informed that he was carrying all of his necessities in a plethora of Revelate Bags right on the frame. He had also switched out the 700x23 stock tires for some Continental 700x28 Gatorskins. A nice, smooth rolling, pretty much bombproof tire. I had not even realized that the Synapse could run a tire that wide. Well the bike got its needed repairs and was out the door, but here is what it looked like all loaded up.
  Now That is a lightweight touring rig!

3 comments:

  1. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it. But all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!
    powersport California

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy to see the beautiful bike.Everybody knows that Carbon frame Road Bike has highly demand in the world.So naturally liked it very much all of them.

    ReplyDelete